Who should read it? Any high street retailer.
Self-service is possibly best known for its retail applications, with many high street retailers now making extensive use of all that kiosks have to offer, and reaping in the benefits – and the profit! The scope for self-service retail solutions is rapidly increasing as customers become more familiar with the technology and more prepared to choose a kiosk over a manned till.
Some examples of the solutions offered by kiosks in retail include:
- Self-scan terminals where the customer can check prices
- Self check-out systems where the customer can scan, pack and pay
- Loyalty card terminals to access and redeem loyalty points
- Digital signage and advertising terminals for in-store promotions
- Information terminals which offer advice and recommendations to customers on particular products based on the customer’s preferences
- Photo kiosks, providing speedy and professional photo prints to customers
Use of self-service in retail can increase revenue by cutting down on staff costs, decrease pressure on staff, decrease waiting times for customers and serve at unsociable hours.They also impact hugely on customer satisfaction by giving customers the ability to service themselves quickly and easily, getting what they want, when they want it.