Who should read it? Councils, local authorities, civil services contractors, etc.
Some examples of the solutions offered by kiosks in government & public services include:
- Public internet access kiosks, making the Internet available to everyone
- Library check-in and check-out kiosks, facilitating borrowing of books for users
- Citizen Advice kiosks, making information available to the public about their legal and civil rights
- Tourist information kiosks, providing information from printable maps to useful telephone numbers
- Staff organisation/intranet kiosks, enabling local government to run more smoothly and efficiently from within
Self-service can provide a range of valuable services to users, at any time, in any place, and without investment in extra salaries or employee costs. Kiosks can help to reach people in remote areas, and make information available 24 hours a day, at little to no extra cost.