NRF: NCR Celebrates 125
AT NCR’s booth, visitors can find out:
- How retailers can improve productivity and the customer experience with self-service solutions: retailers can see the evolution of self-service and how consumers can use self-service and digital signage applications to make their store experience more enjoyable, convenient and relevant.
- How to maximise the efficiency of traditional store automation solutions and services: NCR will showcase many solutions that help retailers increase the efficiency of store operations, enabling higher levels of customer service while reducing operating costs, including point-of-sale technology, store marketing solutions and more.
- NCR Entertainment: NCR owns and operates more than 3,800 DVD rental kiosks – most under the Blockbuster Express brand – in high traffic retail locations such as grocery, convenience and drug stores, providing a valuable service for retail customers and providing a new revenue stream for retailers. In addition, NCR is trialling a digital download solution that enables consumers to rent and buy entertainment titles – including movies, music, books and games – in retail locations and store electronic copies on a portable memory card.
- NCR Services: NCR offers a complete portfolio of services to help design, deploy, support and manage technology solutions, whether they are from NCR or other vendors.
Demonstrations will include:
- Digital signage and kiosk applications from NCR Netkey, including Deli Ordering, Endless Aisle E-Commerce, Gift Registry,
- Guided Selling and Human Resources.
- Foundry retail mobility solutions, featuring mobile gift card management.
- Digital entertainment solutions, including a Digital Media Download kiosk and Blockbuster Express DVD rental kiosk.
- Software to deliver more effective, personalized offers and gain greater insights into shopping behavior.
- Innovations in point-of-sale (POS) technology and NCR SelfServ checkout.
Mike Webster, vice president and general manager for NCR’s retail line of business, commented, "NCR is a pioneer in developing innovative technology to help businesses connect with their customers, from early advances in cash register design to becoming the worldwide leader in self-checkout.
"We look forward to celebrating 125 years of this tradition and vision with our customers and peers and unveiling our latest innovations at NRF.”